1 kg Sticky Rice (glutinous rice)
450 g. coconut milk
250 g. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp rice flour or corn flour
4-5 pandon leaves
2-3 ripe Mangos
1 tsp roasted mung bean (or toasted sesame seeds)
- Wash sticky rice until water runs clear and then soak for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Boil water in steamer on medium-high heat, drain soaking water from rice and place sieve cloth with the sticky rice in steamer basket, place 2 pandan leaves on top.
- Steam about 30-45 minutes or until Sticky rice is cooked (grains look clear).
- Separate 3/4 cup coconut milk in a small bowl, put remaining coconut milk in a pot, add sugar and salt, bring to boil on medium-low heat.
- Add two pandan leaves to coconut milk mixture, stir frequently until sugar dissolves. When the mixture is boiled, remove from heat.
- Put steamed Sticky rice in a pot that has a cover, add coconut mil to sticky rice, stir quickly until it is well mixed, cover it for 15 minutes.
- Take reserved 3/4 cup coconut milk from step 4 and add rice flour and 1/4 tsp salt and mix well. Put in a pot and bring to boil on medium-low heat, stir frequently until the mixture is thick, remove from heat and set aside for topping.
- Put Sticky Rice on a plate, top with prepared coconut cream, roasted mung bean (or sesame seeds) and serve with sliced ripe mangos.